DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2012
Calls for submission are open to individual visual artists, teams of visual artists, curators, artist co-op's and organizations and includes all visual art disciplines. Exhibitions are selected by an independent jury comprised of professional artists, educators and arts administrators.
The Front Room space showcases new work fresh out of the studio, experimental work, work in it's final stages of creation and timely projects from all visual art disciplines. Submissions for this space are ongoing.
The Main Gallery showcases work in all disciplines. Work is expected to be highly resolved in both concept and in execution and must have been produced within the past two years at the time of application. Calls for submission for the Main Gallery Space take place semiannually; June 30 and November 30.
Submission criteria for Front Room and Main Gallery Spaces
• Artist/curatorial statement
• Project description/proposal including gallery space you are applying for
• 10 – 15 good quality digital images of recent work *refer to digital images link for guidelines*
• Slide list including: title, dimensions, medium, and date
• Any other relevant support material including press clippings, audio/video tape or CD/ROM
• Self-addressed, stamped envelope if you wish to have your package returned
• Artists should have demonstrated at least 2 years commitment to studio work outside of an institution
NOTE: Curriculum vitae (C.V.), artist statement, plan of activity and slide list must be submitted in hard copy AND digitally as a writable Word or Open Office document. Files must be Mac compatible. NO PDFs.
Incomplete packages and e-mail submissions will NOT be considered.
For full submission details and more about Harcourt House Arts Centre visit www.harcourthouse.ab.ca
Please mail submissions postmarked by June 30, 2012 to:
Main Gallery Submission
or Front Room Gallery Submission
Harcourt House Arts Centre
3rd Floor, 10215 – 112 Street
For inquiries regarding the submission process to: email@example.com or call 780.426.4180
Open M-F, 10 am to 5 pm & Saturdays, 12 to 4 pm